Ansible as a Configuration Manager (DO407)
- Enroll This Course
Through hands-on labs, students will learn to automate system administration tasks on managed hosts with Ansible, learn how to write Ansible playbooks to standardize task execution, centrally manage playbooks and schedule recurring execution through a web interface with Ansible Tower. Students will also learn to manage encryption for Ansible with Ansible Vault, deploy Ansible Tower and use it to manage systems, and use Ansible in a DevOps environment with Vagrant.
Course content summary
- Install and troubleshoot Ansible on central nodes and managed hosts
- Use Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks
- Write effective Ansible playbooks
- Protect encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault
- Use Ansible Tower to more easily manage enterprise Ansible deployments
- Work with Ansible in conjunction with Vagrant in a DevOps environment
Audience and Prerequisites
Audience and prerequisites
System and cloud administrators who need to automate cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and other IT needs.
Prerequisites for this course
- Have a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience.
After the Course
Recommended next exam or course
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation (EX407) exam
- The performance-based Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation (EX407) exam tests your ability to use Ansible to automate the configuration of systems and applications.
Introduce and review the course.
Describe the terminology and architecture of Ansible.
Install Ansible and run ad hoc commands.
Write Ansible plays and execute a playbook.
Manage variables and inclusions
Describe variable scope and precedence, manage variables and facts in a play, and manage inclusions.
Implement task control
Manage task control, handlers, and tags in Ansible playbooks.
Implement Jinja2 templates
Implement a Jinja2 template.
Create and manage roles.
Configure complex playbooks
Configure connection types, delegations, and parallelism.
Implement Ansible Vault
Manage encryption with Ansible Vault.
Troubleshoot the Ansible control machine and managed nodes.
Implement Ansible Tower
Implement Ansible Tower.
Implement Ansible in a DevOps environment
Implement Ansible in a DevOps environment using Vagrant.
Review tasks from the Automation with Ansible course.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us.